Friday, April 30, 2010

yeah Im still here

Only now there are 3 kats instead of 2. I will have to change the name of this blog...I might as well start with a book review...

The House on Tradd Street by Karen White.

Like many books I read, I picked this one up at Goodwill for 1.00 because "it looked interesting". Did I know it was a wishlist book? Not until I got home. But thanks to PBS, I have a sixth sense about these things. Was I planning to read it right away? Not until a nice person at PBS gave me a 2-for-1 deal and I discovered this book was on her wish list so I decided to read it so I could post it to her. I am so glad I did. Only now, I have to wait for the sequel to pop up on MY wish list...
The book is described as 'romance' but its really a nice Southern mystery complete with ghosts, old houses, and a main character who starts out really really anal but loosens up as the story progresses. Well, she doesn't completely loosen up..hence the need for a sequel. However, its nice to see her progression. I started out not caring for her too much but the author was good at giving her star a bit of a sense of humor and the ability to make fun of herself, and I found myself being drawn into the story faster than I realized. Without giving too much away, loose ends get neatly tied up and the supernatural aspect of the story is believable and logical. Give this one a go!

No comments: